In recent years, couples are choosing to personalise their big days to their exacting standards. This may mean leaning more towards a specific theme or opting for features to make those special moments even more memorable. Marquee weddings provide a unique opportunity to those looking to say ‘I Do’ in their way. They can be highly customised and used to make the most out of a beautiful outdoor space. One way to encourage your guests outside, even during the cooler hours of the evening, is to introduce a fire pit into your big day. And we promise you, it will be a decision that neither of you will regret.
Why Consider A Fire Pit?
It may be that you’ve always wanted to find a way to bring natural warmth into your wedding day. Or, maybe the idea of having a fire pit sprung to mind during a recent Pinterest search. Either way, there are a whole host of reasons why couples choose to bring these rustic and unique features into their days. They can:
- Encourage guests to gather around in an outdoor setting
- Encourage people to explore the grounds around your wedding location
- Create a unique opportunity for photographs to be taken
- Introduce warming scents into your wedding day
- Provide a unique entertainment opportunity – such as providing a spot to roast marshmallows or light sparklers
The beauty of fire pits comes in how alluring they are – we humans naturally gravitate towards light and heat. Even if you have organised a winter wedding, they are a brilliant way of encouraging guests to wrap up warm and step outside – ensuring they get to drink in all of the decorations and details you’ve spent so long perfecting. They can warm the chill off their hands while enjoying the rustic beauty of the surrounding area and spending more intimate time with family members and friends. Overall – there’s nothing we don’t love about fire pits at marquee weddings!
How To Incorporate A Fire Pit Into Your Wedding Day
So, if you’ve decided that a fire pit is in your plans, when will you light it?
- In The Reception – Consider having the fire pit as your entrance piece, bringing its warming scent and bringing people together before the wedding breakfast.
- During The Wedding Breakfast – Perhaps you want to create a warm and homely spot for people to step outside during the meal itself. Fire pits keep them warm and toasty until they come inside to fill their bellies.
- During The Evening Party – Once the meal has finished and it’s time to move on to drinks, fire pits can offer another level of entertainment. Just make sure they are lit and managed safely – especially around young children or after a few drinks have been had.
How Can Carron Marquees Help?
We are very proud of the fire pits that we have available to hire here at Carron Marquees. Not only are they ideally suited to all ages, but they can also be lit at any time of the year. If you are catering for smokers, these pits double up as safe and effective ashtrays while maintaining a certain level of charm to your event. When you hire one with us, we provide a pack of logs, kindling and firelighters, as standard, so you can enjoy warm fire lights all evening long.
For more information, get in contact with the team here today who will be happy to organise your booking.