Whether you’re planning a wedding to remember for a lifetime or a celebration for your family, it’s important to get it right. Here at Carron Marquees, that’s what we specialise in – helping clients tick off all their boxes and host events that work. When it comes to entertainment, you have a plethora of options at your disposal. And, particularly for weddings, we’ve noticed the preference seems to be either a DJ or live band. So, how do you choose between both? That’s what we’ll help you do in today’s blog.
When it comes to marking a special occasion, there is something undeniably powerful about music. The song you listened to the first night you met. The song that perfectly describes your loved one to a tee. The song that makes you both well up, thinking about the moment that they proposed. Music has the ability to bring back a flurry of emotions. This is why people love bringing DJ’s into their event. These professional music maestros can spin a playlist of your favourite songs, taking requests from guests and adding their own spin to the event. Some of the reasons you may choose a DJ include:
- A DJ can play a collection of songs from different artists.
- You can pre-listen to your wedding playlist, and keep it stored away with keepsakes for future memories.
- Modern DJ equipment can be very compact, meaning it won’t take away precious space on the dance floor.
- You can find someone who perfectly understands your event and is willing to tailor their style to suit.
For some couples, there is a very specific sound that makes up the soundtrack of their love affair. Perhaps it’s a band you both fell in love with while in secondary school that reminds you of when you were young and besotted with each other. Or maybe it’s an artist who constantly seems to release the right song just when you’ve both needed it. The beauty of a live band for your marquee wedding is the atmosphere – anyone who’s attended a concert will know the feeling of being in the presence of music being made right then and there. Live bands allow you to create a very specific feel to your event and they make an impression on guests. Some reasons you may choose a live band include:
- Wanting a very specific type and style of music to be played.
- Wanting to recreate the feelings you both had from seeing them live.
- Creating an ambience and atmosphere for your guest to enjoy.
Things to Consider
Whether you opt for a DJ or choose a live band, there are a few things you’ll need to consider:
- Speaker Positioning – You’ll need to ensure that the speakers used can fill the space you intend guests to occupy when music is being played.
- Outlets – DJ and sound equipment both require numerous electrical outlets. Make sure you have these available and that they are accessible when the band/DJ is setting up. You may need to consider hiring a generator if your event is more remote.
- Timing – When planning your day, take into account local regulations on loud noise. Most places require music to be turned down after 10 pm and this will impact the time slot you book.
Here at Carron Marquees, we pride ourselves on being industry experts when it comes to planning marquee weddings. If you have any questions or would like to speak to a member of our team about your music, please do get in contact here today.